Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The sympathy mangles the overlong baby.

Yes, That's another RGS, Title, that has absolutely nothing to do with the post ! I just can't get enough of the Damn things !
This post is about an interview I just listened to on NPR with John Mellencamp. Now, some of you may know that I've got a long and contentious relationship with John, that dates back to the late seventies, early eighties. We just naturally didn't like each other, and despite a number of mutual friends, we never got along real well. I liked his music, and his band liked my "Party Favors" I would bring to every local gig.
We got along somewhat better, or at least treated each other with respect while our kids were in high school together, but I never really liked John's personality until he had his little heart-attack in 1994, and realized he was Mortal !
His music, and his attitude both improved greatly, and has now evolved Back to Folk !

He discusses his latest album, which apparently is just him and his acoustic guitar, and there are three of the new songs on the site you can listen to, and he plays those and some other stuff during the interview. The Interview is linked to both the NPR above, and to the Post Title, so if you are interested, I think it's worth a listen !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome & Encouraged. If You like something, I wanna Know about It, and if you dis-like something, I want to know Why?.
OR: Just leave me a line to tell me You came by :->}