Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Can't We All just Get Along ?
1-03-2018

The Time has come to Come Together.

There are far too many Good People on the Trump Train, for Us to just write them off as "Too Dumb to ever Redeem", and far too many of Us on the Progressive, (and 'Sane" side), who seem to believe that Our superior knowledge, and Political savvy, will eventually win out over those with whom we disagree.

Just the facts that, despite his constant lies and distortions, and despite his continued support, and praise, for Putin, Erdogan, and Duterte, and regardless of how foolish he makes US appear to The World, somewhere between 30 and 38% of Voters still stand behind him. Yes, It baffles my every Brain Cell Too ?

Like most of my Friends and Family, after the shock and disgust of Election Night passed, I assumed that many of the Trump voters were much like the Brexit voters of the U.K., in that they thought they were lodging a protest vote against Hillary, and the Political gridlock of the Status Quo. Many of them have admitted, that they never imagined that a racist, sexist Con Man could ever win.

As with many such Assumptions, that one made an Ass of me and Y'all.
Philosophically, I can understand those who wanted to believe that this TV Reality star was actually going to, (Finally), do something for the "Forgotten" working Man and Woman. I can also understand, that after 30+ years of absorbing Fox News' and Rush Limbaugh's lies and slander of Bill n Hill, that many disliked Hillary intensely, and imputed only the worst intentions to her every word.

The Conservative movement has always contained an element of anti-intellectual sentiment. While learning right-wing Republicanism at my Daddy's knee, I remember asking him; "Why high profile Republicans called Adalia Stephenson an "Egg Head", all the while admiring William F. Buckley for his eloquence, erudition, and Ivy League education ? ".
His answer was weak, and insufficient, and one of my earliest memories of GOP hypocrisy.

While remaining a "John Birch Society" Republican, and a Nixon fan, I saw my Dad with tears in his eyes, when I arrived in Chicago, late on 11-22-1963. I know he had to admire Kennedy for his speaking style, his easy manner with the People and the Media, but, I never learned if he was sad for the Nation, or for the Kennedys, but I know he shared my sense of loss, and that our World had suffered a loss, and also lost our Post-War positivity.

So, My Family members and Friends who don't agree with my Progressive ideology, nor my hatred for everything Trump, I can only say that my feelings are those of a Patriot. My dislike and disgust are based on the image of a clueless bigot that he presents to the world, and especially to our traditional Allies. Imagine if you will, any American President who is Persona Non Grata in the U.K ? 
 His avarice, egomania, and complete ignorance of how Our tripartite Government functions, puts Us all at risk. His insane tweets and comments, provoking an unstable dictator with his own Nuclear arsenal, terrify me, and every other thinking person I know ! 

As I've said many times before, I was raised Conservative, and, like Hillary, I volunteered for the Goldwater campaign in 1964, so I can still access those ideas and values, But, today's Conservatives are nothing like those of Goldwater, Nixon, nor Reagan, or my Dad's generation of Conservatives.
 The best example of what I'm talking about, are the Koch Brother's created "Tea Party" Republicans who came to power in the 2010 Mid-terms. These are people with no Values nor ideology, except hatred, divisiveness, and resentment. Folks like Ted Cruz, Jason Chaffetz, Mike (Calves the size of cantaloupes) Lee, and others of that Ilk. 

The original premise of this post, is that, "We All need to Come back together and get this Nation back to a sense of normalcy. With a realization that, as the Founders stated, "WE must All hang Together, or surely, We will all hang separately".
 So, We Democrats will meet You half way, but first, you must come to understand, that there is nothing good for Normal, (not Wealthy) people that will ever come out of this disastrous Administration. 

Comments Requested !  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome & Encouraged. If You like something, I wanna Know about It, and if you dis-like something, I want to know Why?.
OR: Just leave me a line to tell me You came by :->}